Top Tips For Clean Indoor Air
Indoor air can make you miserable if it is not kept clean and healthy.
Clean indoor air is essential for a happy you and a happy home.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has reported that indoor air can contain up to 5 times as much pollution as outdoor air. Allergies and asthma are on the rise so cleaning indoor air in your home and work place is more important than ever as this can greatly reduce symptoms according to Dr. John Winder, an allergist for the Nationwide Asthma Screening Program of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
These are some clean indoor air top tips:
• When you dust your house with a cloth you a often spreading dust around. You vacuum based tools to dust with instead. Make sure you don’t avoid difficult to reach areas like space under beds, drapes and moldings.
• A great tip for dusting small objects is to cover the nozzle of your vacuum cleaner with a pair of tights or fine cloth. Put the vacuum on a low suction level and run the small objects over the front of the vacuum nozzle. This sucks all the dust off without the object disappearing in to the vacuum! Note: Be sure to use a scrap material to cover the vacuum nozzle as it can get ruined in the process.
• Wrap pillows and mattresses in allergen-protective covers and regularly vacuum them.
• When you wash your linens make sure the water is hot (130 degrees or above) to ensure dust mites and their eggs are killed off properly.
• Deep clean your carpets & floor surfaces once every season at least.
• To really thoroughly achieve clean indoor air get an air purifier to remove all the airborne pollutants.
• Clean indoor air is also about humidity.. maintain a cool & dry home. Keep humidity to 50% or less. You can use a humidifier to aid in this but make sure you frequently empty the unit to prevent the growth of mold in the tank.
• Try to avoid letting your pets sleep in the bedrooms.
• Keep stuffed animals and busy shelves to a minimum as these are real dust-catcher locations. If you have lots of stuffed toys vacuum them frequently.. but carefully of course!!
Follow this great advice and you will have super clean indoor air in no time.
About the Author:
Michael Grzywacz is an author who suffers from allergies and writes about indoor air purifiers and how they can help with allergies & asthma. Find out more at his dedicated website: http://www.AirPurifierStop.com
If you are looking for a New Jersey indoor air quality contractor, please call us today at 732-668-4100 or 732-390-0022, or complete our online request form.
Mercer County : Altura, NJ - Bakersville, NJ - Bear Tavern, NJ - Braeburn Heights, NJ - Briar Manor, NJ - Cedar Grove, NJ - Centerville, NJ - Chewalla Park, NJ - Clarksville, NJ - Coxs Corner, NJ - Creston, NJ - Dutch Neck, NJ - East Trenton Heights, NJ - Edgebrook, NJ - Edinburg, NJ - Edinburg Park, NJ - Eilers Corner, NJ - Eldridge Park, NJ - Etra, NJ - Ewing, NJ - Ewingville, NJ - Extonville , NJ - Fernwood, NJ - Ferry Road Manor, NJ - Glendale, NJ - Glenmoore, NJ - Golden Crest, NJ - Golf View Manor, NJ - Green Curve Heights , NJ - Grovers Mill , NJ - Groveville, NJ - Haines Corner , NJ - Hamilton Square , NJ - Harbourton, NJ Heath Manor, NJ Hightstown, NJ - Hillcrest, NJ - Hamilton Square , NJ - Hopewell, NJ - Hutchinson Mills, NJ
- Lakeside Park , NJ - Lawrenceville, NJ - Lewisville, NJ - Marshalls Corner , NJ
- Meadows Terrace, NJ - Mercerville, NJ - Millstone, NJ - Moore, NJ - Mount Rose, NJ - North Crosswicks, NJ - North Princeton, NJ - Nottingham, NJ - Old Mill Farms, NJ - Parkway Village , NJ - Pennington, NJ - Penns Neck, NJ - Port Mercer, NJ - Princessville, NJ - Princeton, NJ - Princeton Colonial Park, NJ - Princeton Estates, NJ - Princeton Ivy East, NJ - Princeton Junction, NJ - Prospect Heights, NJ - Prospect Park, NJ - Quaker Gardens, NJ - Robbinsville, NJ - Rosedale, NJ - Rosemont , NJ - Scudders Falls , NJ - Sherbrook Estates , NJ - Slackwoods, NJ - Stoutsburg, NJ - Sturwood Hamlet , NJ - The Orchards, NJ - Titusville, NJ - Trenton, NJ - Trenton Gardens , NJ - Twin Rivers, NJ - Warner Village, NJ - Washington Crossing, NJ - Weber Park, NJ - West Trenton, NJ - White Horse, NJ - Wilburtha, NJ - Windsor, NJ - Woodsville, NJ - Yardville, NJ - Yardville Heights, NJ